Monday 9 July 2012

Extremely floral

Hello, I hope you had a lovely weekend. We did - some gorgeous friends had a party to celebrate their wedding a year ago and the arrival of their beautiful daughter three months ago.


They took pains to stipulate that presents were not required, but I only do as I am told when it suits me (which it does most of the time), so on this occasion I ignored that instruction with relish.


I made them an extremely floral tea cosy which turned out to be a most excellent choice, for despite being hardened tea drinkers they didn't own a cosy.


Now, while I was busy snipping and stitching and hooking, Tiny Boy was busy with his own project. He likes to collect all the little offcuts and thread ends of what ever I am making. Usually he stashes them in bags or boxes around the house. Sometimes he steals my tupperware specially. This time however, he collected them all up and wrapped them in a sheet of paper. He then dictated what I should write on the front...



In case you can't read it, it says 'Things for you to make something with. You could make a teeny tea cosy. Love Tiny Boy.' We slid this inside the cosy and wrapped the whole thing in pretty paper. As you can imagine the recipients were most tickled by their bonus parcel.

xx





5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, brought a tear to my eye! The tea cosy looks fantastic, I have made a mental note to invite you to my next party! You know what I'm going to do? Buy a teapot! We drink loads of it but I am tea bag in mug kind of gal, not anymore, next lovely teapot I come across (charity shop find of course!) I will buy then make a cosy for it! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I have a little collection of tea pots and a couple of cosies but I really prefer a bag in a mug. I only bring out the tea pots if I have guests. You see, I like my tea to scald on the way down and pot-tea just isn't hot enough! They look nice on the shelf though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely agree...pots and bone china cups are lovely, but a bag and a mug is what happens! What a lovely thought from Tiny Boy! To be encouraged!

    We have just got home to Norfolk from Northumberland with the Kiwis, they detoured to Alnwick Castle so may have been near you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eleanor,I just found you through Lazy Daisy Jones and am your newest follower :)
    I love all of your creative makes ,especially the crochet.This post is so sweet with tiny boy collecting up your scraps...
    Love the tea cosy Xlove julieX

    ReplyDelete