Thursday 31 May 2012

San Fairy Anne


Bonjour!
Je m'apelle Ca Ne Fait Rien. Or as Eleanor used to call me San Fairy Anne.


I was made by Eleanor's Mum while she was pregnant, so I am a little creaky and a bit worse for wear in places. I have been well loved. I was named by Eleanor's Dad. My name means, It's Nothing, in the sense that it is no trouble.


I have lovely girly clothes: a lacy petticoat, a yellow dress and a pink apron.


I also have a pretty face with long brown hair, just like Eleanor did when she was a little girl.

Handmade gifts, made with love are to be especially treasured, don't you think?

xx





3 comments:

  1. So glad Eleanor still loves you! Really. San Fairy Ann was the name of a rag doll in a story Eleanor's Great-grandmother Carrie used to tell her daughter, Eleanor's Grandmother Isabel. Isabel told her children ...
    In the story (or was it a song?) San Fairy Ann was much loved by her little girl owner, but then was lost. Many years later when the little girl had grown up, she found San Fairy Ann again. She was very tatty, but her owner was overjoyed to find her ...
    That's all I can remember. I'd love to find the whole story. It would be like finding San Fairy Ann again ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful name and wonderful story! And how fabulous that you still have her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this which I found by googling San fairy ann, it was a.story in a children's book of short stories that my parents gave for Xmas in 1950 I think. The book had several stories, two of which I recall. One was the story of a boy who found a box in a cave by the sea, and his encounter with the ghost of a pirate. The other was the story of the little girl who lost her rag doll San Fairy Ann and recovered her later on a bomb site, bedraggled but not damaged. The stories were illustrated, but sadly I no longer have the book . . .

    ReplyDelete