Monday 14 April 2014

Ruffle scarf Ta Da

 
Good morning!
 
I have been keeping this one under my hat for a couple of weeks. It was a present for a friend who turned 25 on Saturday. She held an extremely fun birthday party on Saturday night. She had requested that every one dress up - black tie for the chaps and posh frocks for the gals. I can highly recommend a spot of dressing up! Everyone was very glam. Bubbles were consumed and much of yesterday was spent recovering from both the bubbles and the extremely late night followed by the usual early morning wake up call from Tiny Boy and Big Trouble.
 

Anyway, I like to make gifts when I possibly can so inspired by some scarves I had seen on other lovely blogs, themselves adapted from a pattern in this book, I set to work. I don't have the book in question, so I made it up as I went along. I wanted a not-too-warm, but decorative scarf suitable for the chillier months here in the sub-tropics.


I am really pleased with how it turned out. I used a cotton yarn in beetroot by Patons I think, but the ball band was lost long ago.


My friend is quite tall, so I made the scarf lovely and long so it can drape elegantly.


I hope she likes it!

xx

6 comments:

  1. Well if she doesn't like it she is mad - what a lovely scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely and really thoughtful present. Bet she loved it.
    Thanks for stopping by, I think it's a shame so many of us feel outsiders you know. I wonder if we all met up we'd still feel the same with each other? I don't care about it in the same way I did when I was younger you know. It becomes something you embrace as part of you in the end as I realised I didn't want to be accepted by the majority of people.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the awkwardness is in our heads so we would probably get paranoid anyway, but at lease we would all understand! x

      Delete
  3. LOVE - both the ruffles and the colour! I'm sure the birthday girl loved it too, well done.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete