Thursday 16 October 2014

Perspective

Thank you to all of you that took the trouble to comment and leave your wise words in response to my dilemma. Sometimes the simple act of articulating a problem makes the answer leap out, and sometimes we need a little nudge in the right direction to see the blooming obvious. 

Small smalls and big sea
I have decided that for the time being I am going to make a few things for my Mum's market stall, which is partly to support her and partly to keep a tiny toe in the water, and apart from that I am going to make things for the love of it.

Big ice cream and small life belt?
 I am going to finish sorting out the unpacking and work on my house.


I may not be making money, but I will be saving it by not spending it on tradespeople unless absolutely necessary, and by making gifts rather than buying them.

Smallest small and biggest ice cream

I won't be clock watching and penny pinching over every make, I will be doing what I love.

Not quite knees
 In the future I may well explore the teaching route more fully, but I will try to stop worrying about missing the boat, and needing to do everything immediately if not sooner.


So, having found some perspective, I have made something I am super-pleased with, but it is a gift so you will have to wait until after the event to see...


I did so enjoy making it. Just because I wanted to.

Three foot prints...
Still not sure I know What I Want To Be When I Grow Up, but I have crossed a possibility off the list, at least for now.

xx

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to know that you are making and have made some decisions that you are happy with. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think making a decision one way or another can be quite liberating. Just because you've decided this now doesn't mean that things can't change in the future, just enjoy what you're doing for the time being and I'm sure what's right for you will soon make itself known.

    ReplyDelete