Tuesday 13 May 2014

Sew along with Daisy

Ta Da! 

I finished my skirt for Daisy Jones' sew along and I love it. Actually, I LOVE it!


I love the jolly colour.


I love that I was brave enough to sew it with contrasting thread.


I love that under Daisy's instructions, putting in the zip was easy peasy and not at all scary!


I love that I finally found something special enough to use the one length of rickrack that I brought with me.


I love that I took inspiration from Lisa at Mrs Bobo Bun and used pretty facing.


I love that tucking in the ends of the rickrack into the back seam worked out so neatly.


I love it!


I am going to wear it tomorrow. 

xx

14 comments:

  1. ooooooo I love it too, well done to you and what a unique photo studio you have there!!
    re the sizes.. all english but I found they came up large on me?!
    bestest D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting because one of the other ladies who made one said that she wears a 10 but had to make a 14...

      Delete
  2. Hi there, love your skirt and the thought of your adventure living on the island. That fabric you used for the facing is really pretty and a lovely surprise. As for sizing, it drives me nuts. I'm a 12/14 but in the British sewing bee patterns I'm bigger than a 20. That's why I've started to make it up as I go along. Hope you enjoyed wearing your skirt. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous ...well done. The pretty details really make it special.
    Have fun wearing it tomorrow.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt good to wear. I'll definitely be making more!

      Delete
  4. Oh well done it looks wonderful, I love the facing. I have my pattern but changed the fabric choice after I ordered a zip. Unfortunately I now need a white zip. I'm going to make mine on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make both! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

      Delete
  5. You clever girl, it's gorgeous! I'm still not brave enough to use a contrasting colour thread, but yours looks just perfect.
    Have fun wearing it,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a go! Makes you concentrate really hard but you can always unpick it! xx

      Delete
  6. Well done Eleanor it looks great, love the colour and the pretty facing. Enjoy wearing it.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder you "LOVE IT!" I do too! (especially that floral facing and ric-rac) Daisy is a brilliant teacher, isn't she...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes a change not to be making it up as I go along which is what I usually do!

      Delete