Wednesday 21 August 2013

Hookie Therapy

I think it is fair to say that I have been struggling somewhat for the last week or two. The Smalls are off school for their winter holiday, Big Trouble is living up to his name and is making up for lost time - packing in the terrible twos now he is three, and the big ones are taking his lead and running with it. It doesn't help that it is, what is known here by the wonderfully descriptive name, Scruffy August. Not exactly cold but, to use another great descriptive expression, dreich.

 

The South Atlantic is out there somewhere in the mist. (And, annoyingly I have fluff inside my camera.)


After a truly awful day yesterday, and a poor start to this morning (three out of four of us in tears by 9am and Tall Girl looking like she might join in, if only not to be left out) I decided that something must be done...


I put the Mr Men on the TV, then retreated to my bedroom and closed the door. I got out my Persian Sweetie Shop Blanket which has been sadly neglected over the last few months and began a little hookie therapy.


The neglect has been caused by my aversion to repetition. I need to make 76 of these little squares but got stuck after about 40. I really want to finish them so I can move on to the next part. I am going to make a concerted effort...


To go along with my hookie, I indulged in another little pleasure which has fallen by the wayside in a house full of Smalls - a spot of Radio 4.


I may just do the same tomorrow...

xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear - glad you could retreat and enjoy some "me time" to yourself. Your little squares are lovely btw.
    Holding thumbs that tomorrow is a better day all round :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crochet and radio 4 sounds like an award-winning combination, perfect for grounding emotions and stress! I hope you make it through the hols.

    Loving the new look of your blog too!!!!

    ReplyDelete