I am totally and completely chuffed about how lovely my new bathmat is. It is made from the t shirt yarn (tarn) that I made the other day.
I used 15 mm needles to knit it up in simple garter stitch. I tried crocheting it, but the biggest hook available was 12 mm and not really big enough. Anyway I like the simplicity of the rows - like fields of flowers for cutting.
30 stitches per row, as many rows as each ball would allow (although an even number each time to keep the colour changes all on one side).
I put an edge on each side because it seemed like a good idea, and actually it has stabilised the stretchiness which can get out of hand because it is quite heavy.
The success of the edge inspired me to use the left overs for a little log-cabin something. I'll have to see what it turns into!
I think I may need to buy more t shirts really quite soon...